ARE YOU THAT INCOMPETENT ?

OPEN LETTER TO AUCC-SRC EXECUTIVES
Good day Hon executives of AUCC-SRC, I hope and believe this letter finds you in a very healthy mood.

I write to you this humble letter with pains in my heart and disappointment in my face as a student and a student activist in the African University College of Communications Business school.

I know you might not be happy seeing this letter going viral on the various AUCC WhatsApp Platforms and even beyond but I don't think that should prevent me from expressing my grievances of your poor performance as SRC executives with respect to students welfare among others.

I must admit that your administration has been facing some challenges but should that be the excuse for your failure? Certainly not.

First of all, I would like to talk about the mess at our washrooms. Before your assumption of office as SRC executives, you made us believed that the problems we are facing at our various washrooms are already on your table and hence you would try as much as you can to eradicate such problems when given the mandate but what do we see today?. The mess in our washrooms is nothing to write home about meanwhile we have SRC executives with a portfolio like *Welfare Officer*. The welfare officer who is suppose to make sure that the welfare of students are really catered for seems to know nothing or little about her job. We sit in our various classes for lectures and the halls stinks so much beyond control.

It is so much disheartening that a tertiary institution like AUCC has bedbugs in some of the cotton chairs in its lecture halls and our SRC executives who are students seems not to care about that even though most of these executives are aware of such problem if not all.

During the electioneering campaign for the SRC executives, the current president assured us that when voted into office, he would make sure an open forum is organized for students to tell their grievances at least once a semester and also make sure he and his team moves from class to class to know the challenges each class is facing. I'm yet to see or even hear that the SRC executives are moving from one class to the other listening to the plights of students.

Today, you go to the school's library and by 5:00PM the librarian sacks everyone there and closes the library.

The weekend students come to school and they don't get anywhere to print and photocopy their works because the comm center is not opened on Saturdays meanwhile we have SRC executives who made us believed that the concerns of students is or are their priority.

Admittedly, I must commend you in some areas like the Health Screening that was organized through the Women Commissioner's office and for the first time AUCC Akwaaba week was averagely patronized by students due to how communication flowed.

Aside the above what else?. Are they the only legacy you want your administration to set in AUCC?.

There are so many issues confronting students that need the intervention of you the SRC executives.

My SRC executives, I speak as an individual but there's a lot more of your students who are singing this same chorus with me.

I decided to be mute on the challenges confronting students but on a second thought I realized it is better to scream than being mute just as one of the Russians Poet, Mr. Nadezhda Mandelstaml said; *"Silence is the real crime against humanity ".*

Hence, it will be sinful of me to keep my mouth mute and my hands folded for fear of being stigmatized and dying of a curable disease. This has actually been my motivation to write to your outfit as SRC executives to sit up and fulfill the promises you made to us during your campaigns. Thank you and looking forward to feel the impact of your competent leadership.


ISAAC ESSUMAN
(MARKETING COURSE REP FOR LEVEL 400 AND A CONCERNED STUDENT-AUCC)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember Slavery

THE CURRENT SITUATION OF FILTH IN GHANA

CONCERNED ROAD USERS TO THE UPPER EAST REGIONAL MINISTER