PROLIFE SEGMENT; DRE


Name and Background info(Marital
status)

Did you see yourself as an MC when you were young?

When did you discover your talent?

How hard was it to act on your talent?

Do you see yourself doing it long term?

How do you deal with pressure on stage?

How many shows do you do a year?

Some of the funniest things you've encountered?

The hardest job you've ever had

Advice to up and coming young MCs

Where do you see yourself in the next 24 years?




I'm Frederick Kofi Sey, but most people choose to call me Dre. Don't ask why cause I actually don't know😄😄. I'm a June born, 19th to be precise, and errm, I'm single too.

Not at all, I always wanted to be a pilot😄😄, but with time I realized I had the gift, so I decided to be an Mc but initially it was just a hobby.

Well, I found out I had this gift when I was in Mfantsipim. I would usually take my water bottle and pretend it was a mic and talk for minutes, my friends would usually say I'm crazy but in my head I was a great Mc on a huge stage with millions of people cheering.

It was pretty hard, because anytime I told my mum I wanted to be an Mc she would tell me to focus on my books and forget about being an Mc. There were even days where I was called to be an Mc at an event and she stopped me from going. Aside that, in the beginning I wasn't getting the opportunity to be an Mc at events which really made me want to quit.

Erm, yh, I do see myself going long term. I mean it depends on a couple of factors, but if everything turns out ok, I'll definitely go long term.

Honestly, from the start it wasn't  easy, I couldn't handle the pressure. But as time went on I got use to it, and naturally I'm not a shy person so it was also a plus for me.

It depends, there's no fixed number. Sometimes 20, sometimes 25 so yhh it depends

😹😹 ok, so there was this time I was on stage, and I was getting ready to introduce the next performance, then all of a sudden a lady shouted "I love you Dre" I didn't know how to respond and everyone realised I was confused so they all started laughing, and one other time too I almost fell whiles walking off the stage, it was really funny. I mean there are many funny moments you experience as an Mc.

My hardest Job was actually my first Job, it was at a birthday party. I literally didn't know what to do or say. I kept making errors and that event turned out to be a boring one, but I learned a lot from that day, so I'm actually grateful.

All I can say to any up and coming Mc out there is don't give up on what you enjoy doing, keep fighting till you get there and believe me you'll look back and thank yourself for not quiting, not just up and coming Mc's but everyone out there with a dream, and Never forget to put God first.

In the next 24 years..... erm let me see, probably married with 2 kids living happily and still doing what I love to do, being an Mc 😊.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Remember Slavery

THE CURRENT SITUATION OF FILTH IN GHANA

CONCERNED ROAD USERS TO THE UPPER EAST REGIONAL MINISTER